July 3, 2007

Yummy Broccoli

Last night, I went over to Lori and Todd's, with Brenda, to pick up some fresh farm veggies and Lori gave me some broccoli...
I figured I'd eat it, but in the back of my mind, I also remembered how I bought a whole chunk of it at the grocery store and let it mold in my refrigerator drawer...
She told me that it had to be eaten either that night or today, so I had to force myself to make sure I eat it or cut it off and freeze it. Well, I brought all three chunks to work and cut one of them up and ate if for a snack, right before lunch. WOW, WAS THAT GOOD! I don't think I've ever had fresh broccoli ever! and it was so super yummy, I ate 1/2 of another one too!
Then I made fresh broccoli, potato, onion, and garlic with McKay's chicken seasoning soup for lunch and I used up all the broccoli. WOW, WAS THAT GOOD!
So, if you get the chance to get some from their farm... do it!

3 comments:

Rachael said...

It is yum. We got some too.

Lori said...

Todd picked the first eggplant today (it was perfect, small and no seeds) I breaded it and fried it in olive oil, then baked it with marinara sauce and mozzerella cheese, yummy!! So you'll be getting some of that soon.

Shannon said...

too bad I live so far away. I would love to have some too. Do you have a good eggplant reciepe? I have yet to figure out a fail safe way of preparing it. Its not really worth the effort since it is such a hit or miss for me.