July 1, 2007

Pop/Soda

A few years ago, Mom, Rachael, and Lori made a bet to not drink Dr. Coke (or pop) for a specified time...
Starting tomorrow, I made a bet with Brenda, Jason's mom, to do the same for a week. Both of us want to lose a few pounds (or more) and so we have decided that when we want a soda, to drink water.
Do I really know what I'm getting myself into? Am I addicted to soda and don't realize it? Can I keep the bet? Or am I going to have to fork up $5?
I'll keep you posted... but let me tell you, it's going to be a long week!
07.04.07 Update:
I had a major breakdown today... I'm at Rachael's right now, where the Diet Coke flows like milk and honey and it's everywhere! "Rachael, I want one so bad!!" But I knew there just might be a chance that she'd tattle on me, so I stayed strong, drank a cup of water, then a huge cup of flavored water, and I'm fine right now... but let me tell you... IT IS NOT EASY!!!
07.05.07 Update:
I've been soooo tired lately! I feel like I'm dragging everywhere! Just didn't realize how dependent I was on caffeine...
Also, I spoke with Brenda and SHE CHEATED!!! Ha-ha, this means that I won the bet! So, do I start drinking soda right now? Should I try to keep this bet? I don't know... I DO know that I want one right now! But, I'm going to try, just a little bit longer...
07.06.07 Update:
I'm a little tired today, but feeling better... I think I'm over the 'hump' now...
Wish me luck for the next two days!
07.08.07 Update:
Alright... only about 14 more hours until my week is complete!!!
I actually am surprised I was able to hold off this long! I'm proud of myself! Rachael told me on Wednesday that if I cheated, then I won't be able to tell everyone that I made it a week without soda/pop... and now, I'm happy tell everyone that I've ALMOST made it a week without soda/pop... just a few more hours!
You know, this is pretty inspiring... Jason told me last night that starting Monday, he was going to go soda/pop-less too and NO FAST FOOD! Maybe that will be my next "week" idea... who knows?
Hey, for any of my readers, give me ideas!

10 comments:

Lori said...

Dr. Coke??? Do you mean diet coke? A week is easy, try no caffiene for 9 months, now that sucks. I have to admit I cheat once in a while.

Shannon said...

You can do it!! If I dont drink it for a while then I dont miss it too much. But watch out for when its around, cause just one of those buggers and its the whole case. Hey, maybe there should be a recovery group for soda drinkers kina like AA. What do you think of that? ha ha
Hows it going for you anyway?

Shannon said...

I meant to say "boogers"

Francie said...

Yes, Lori, I meant Diet Dr. Pepper and Diet Coke, and all other soda/pop beverages...
Don't even want to think about going 9 months of no pop!

Shannon said...

Have you tried the caffine free kind? Its gross for the first couple cans cause it is so fizzy, but you can get used to it.

Anonymous said...

DON'T DO IT!!!! Think about the outcome :) You'll be happier with the weight off!! I know you can do it!!

Shannon said...

Mom... is that you?

Francie said...

Shannon, I think my friend Ginger from Washington wrote that one...

Shannon said...

It so sounded like Mom. Has it been a week yet? By the time its okay to have one you should just push yourself for "one-more-day". That sounds mean though. Never mind.

Shannon said...

YEAH!!!! you made it. Did you have a cold one waiting?