July 15, 2007

My weekly goals

I've been making weekly goals, lately.
As you all may know, the first weekly goal was no soda/pop for one week. And I made it!
This last weekly goal was no fast food for a week, and it was pretty easy and I made it too (and no, I'm not going to go get Taco Bell at midnight...
So, I've been thinking about what I should make as my goal this week...
I could not go out to eat for any meal all week...
I could work out every day this week...
I could get up early and go for a walk every morning before work...
I could not eat between meals...
I'm still thinking about it, so if any of you have time to read this before I make up my mind, give me your ideas!

Update: well, no one has said something yet, so I think I will make my weekly goal this: To exercise everyday this week (whether it be getting up to walk every morning or doing a Taebo tape every day, most likely I'll go every other day...)
So, I'll keep you all updated on my success/failures...

Monday Update:
I really wanted to sleep in this morning, when my alarm went off at 7 a.m., I even gave myself 10 extra minutes and was about to talk myself into sleeping in and then doing taebo later... but no, the cats were both meowing at me, as alarm clocks themselves, acting like I better get up and feed them (even when I know good and well that they already have food and water) so, I got up... put on my cropped stretchy pants, socks, shoes, and my "play like a champion today" shirt (go Irish!) and left my apartment, even with those sleepy things still in my eyes...
Half asleep, I started forward, I've gotta start somewhere, and I'm not exactly sure how far I went, but I did have a pretty good route, and I'll measure it later, but it took me about 35 minutes or so (I'm a slow one) but I've gotta pick up the pace...
Well, gotta get ready for work, now!

(I measured my distance at lunch time and it was about 1.9 miles! I'm sore, 'no pain, no gain', but I think I'll listen to Lori, lowering my food intake, not eat past 8 p.m. or so, and continuing my progress. I also had a pretty productive day today, continued my water drinking, and may either get up early tomorrow and walk or do Taebo sometime tomorrow... I guess if Jason works until 7 p.m. then I can work out after work, I don't know... I'll keep y'all posted!)

Tuesday update: moved to it's own post.

8 comments:

Shannon said...

Exercise is a good goal. I just want to get out of bed early for a week and not leave my room until I have made my bed.

Shannon said...

Very impressed! You have more will power then I do. Hope ou feel GREAT today. I think its good you didnt "over-do" it on the first day b/c alot of people would have and then tommorow they would be too sore to do it again.

Lori said...

Pair that new goal with no sweets for a week and I bet you'd drop a few pounds.
Just remember walking for a half hour is probably only going to burn a couple hundred calories, so if you dont cut back on calories consumed, you might not see much difference.
In order to lose weight you have to burn more calories than you consume.
Im sure you already know that, but since you didn't know that EVOO was a good oil as opposed to vegetable oil, I cant assume you know that about calories either.

By the way, I do realize its easier to tell someone how to lose weight than it is to actually lose weight.
Good luck with your goal.

Rachael said...

Hey, just wanted you to know that you motivated me to go for a walk last night too! I took Ben and Katya in the double jogger stroller after dinner. Maybe I'll try to do that every day for a week....I'll let you know tomorrow. P.S. We only went a mile because it started to sprinkle. Darn it. ;>

Lori said...

Hey, put your updates on a new post, otherwise unless we scroll back we miss your little updates.
And they are motivating for the rest of us too.

Rachael said...

Lori, I should teach you how to use bloglines. Then you get notified everytime one of the blogs on your list gets published, whether its a new post, or an update. Then you don't miss that stuff.

Anonymous said...

I'm on a mission to get in shape too! I'm walking three miles/six days a week. And I only each breakfast and lunch. No snacking or suppers. By the way, I walk at 4:30 a.m. I make Bob go with me.

Lori said...

Bob is such a trooper, if you said you wanted to walk at 2am he'd probably get up and go.