July 18, 2007

An Irish Singer?

Mickey, my cousin, called last night to ask me if I would sing in my cousin Emily's band. I guess they want me to sing a couple of Irish folk songs with their band in August for some festival in town... I'm pretty excited, but I'm not sure how I'll do. The only Irish song I know, that I can think of, is the Notre Dame school song! And, they probably won't let me sing that one. Oh, well. I'm going over there tonight to listen to a few songs and we'll see.
Kind of exciting though, huh?
I knew I had to say yes, because Emily said yes to playing for me at Natalie's wedding. What goes around, comes around, right?

3 comments:

Rachael said...

Can't wait to hear it!

Kristen tried out a new electric guitar for her lesson today, and she loves it. Maybe you guys will still have to do your band together too.

Francie said...

I went over to their house tonight to listen to a few songs, but found out that it was the last Sunday in July and I'm going camping that weekend, so I won't be here. But Mickey burned some somgs on a CD for me to listen to and practice, that way I can sing next time.
Too bad, too, I was pretty excited!

Shannon said...

You should so reschedule your camping trip!