July 12, 2007

Love. vs. Logic

I have the not-so-fun position of being friends with two people that have chosen love over logic.
Don't get me wrong, I feel that love and logic go hand-in-hand when it comes to relationships, but when someone chooses love over logic and makes life changing decisions for the worse...
Here's the scoop:

Friend #1:
#1 is dating a man, who fulfills her needs of being loved and needed, what most people want in a man. This man has then added on other feelings for #1... she now has a low self-esteem, doesn't do her hair or make-up anymore, and feels that she must be at his beck and call when he needs something... anything.

Friend #2:
#2 is dating a man from Chicago, who currently has 5 children, is an illegal immigrant, and is working in this country under another name. #2 just quit her job today, to move from here and in with this man with her own 1 year old child.

Without more information, do I really need to explain how love was chosen over logic, here?
I'm not saying that I've made poor decisions, when dating in the past, but when it came to the decision of choosing love vs. logic, I chose logic.
Why is it so hard for females to get it in their head that they are smart, they don't HAVE to be with a man to be a person, they don't have to be with someone to make them feel beautiful, they don't have to be a couple with someone, they don't have to choose love over logic. CHOOSE LOVE AND LOGIC!!!
With love and logic working hand-in-hand, one can have those special things like being loved and feeling needed while at the same time not giving up who they are and what THEY want out of life or out of relationships.

3 comments:

Lori said...

Too confusing to follow, but they both sound like they made poor choices. I dont know if someone chooses love over logic necessarily, but rather are just not that smart in making smart decisions.

Anonymous said...

Ugh. Too bad we cant knock some sense into people, especially people we care about and make them realize that life could be so much more than living your life for someone else (even more so if that "someone else" is somebody who hurts them) Unfortunatley, you cant always help people when it comes to love. Friend #1 will find her way, you are a great friend to her and are already helping her a lot just by being there for her. As far as friend #2, I just feel bad for her brothers and her son, she will have to live with the decision she made. Hopefully god will lead them down the right path.

Francie said...

I think you're right, Liz... God's the only person that could possibly help these girls out...
I guess as an impatient person, I just want something to be changed right now! I worry about them, and at the same time feel blessed with my relationship with Jason.