July 8, 2007

Homemade, YUM!

What's with the word "home-made"?
Does is make you lame? Cool? Sweet? Like, "Aww, that's so cool!!"
Well, I love cooking (can't say much for cleaning the kitchen and doing dishes, though).
I made really yummy home-made zucchini bread/muffins this afternoon and I just feel good about it! It's a small accomplishment to be able to get down and dirty with all those measuring cups, getting flour on your black shirt (which ALWAYS happens), and aiming (although not really getting it to work) for cleaning while you cook... hmmm...
But, wow, these muffins are awesome! I used mom's recipe and used antique muffins tins (I just can't remember the name, but they are freakin' heavy!) and it really made the outside of the muffin a nice and crispy while allowing the inside to be super moist and absolutely addicting to eat!
PLEASE! SOMEBODY! COME AND EAT SOME!

Update: Thanks, Lori, for your help on the cast iron word...

Update: Hey, does anyone know how to properly clean a cast iron thing???

4 comments:

Lori said...

The antique pans your talking about are called cast iron. The muffins sound delish, bring me some and I'll give you some zucchini to make some more.

Shannon said...

I live across from the post office. Feel like mailing any? YUM!

Rachael said...

Yum. I want some. Please.

Shannon said...

As a matter of fact I do! Just fill them with water and put them back in the oven until it starts to boil. Then dump the water out and wipe the muffin pan out with a cloth of some kind. Just dont use soap, and if you clean it in the sink make sure to spray it with Pam when you are done or it will rust.