August 22, 2007

What's with cooking shows?

I'm so suckered into watching shows that have to do with cooking that Jason thinks that Food Network is my favorite channel...
Well, it's close. I also love Bravo because of Top Chef. I'm totally obsessed with this show and the judging and the competitions and the speed of chopping onions and the beauty of the final product on those huge stylish plates.
I love cooking but wish I had a professional dishwasher/kitchen cleaner to take care of everything when I'm done. I also wish I could have people over to my house for dinner, but the practicality of having Rachael and Derrick and all the kids to my small place, just doesn't seem logical.
What I really need to do is to start invited friends over for dinner, but what do I do after that? Watch a movie? Play games? Would anyone actually be interested in such a night? I think a tradition is coming on... maybe a Friday night dinner tradition!
Either way, I just spoke with Jason and I will be making lasagna tomorrow night possibly with some home-made bread and I talked him into the cherry crunch cake for dessert... anyone want to come over?

3 comments:

Shannon said...

I do!

Me and my friends used to have what we called "chicken and a movie" every Wed night. We didnt actually eat chicken, we just called it that because KFC had bucket specials on Wed. We joked about it alot, but never resorted to it. We just made a point to eat dinner together at someones house each week and watch a movie or play games. It was alot of fun.

Tarpoo barpad marpike arpis arpin jarpail and cant still attend. ha.

I wonder if they still so it. Hmm

Rachael said...

Does that mean we're invited?

Oh, and Shannon, "arp" is not nearly as mysterious to decode when you write it instead of say it! :-)

Anonymous said...

I AM TOTALLY ADDICTED TO THOSE SHOWS TOO!! I WOULD BE THERE IF I WAS THERE :(

GINGER