August 11, 2007

THE BIG 100

1. My full name is Franciska but everyone calls me Francie.
2. I was named after my great-grandma.
3. I tell everyone I talk to on the phone my full name and then when I actually meet them in person, I give them my nick-name.
4. This helps me remember if I've met them personally or not.
5. I'm the only one in my family with two middle names.
6. My dad wanted me to have one of my own.
7. I'm #5 out of 6 kids.
8. 1 boy and 5 girls (and don't be feeling bad for the boy, he was always spoiled!)
9. Most of our childhood, us four younger girls lived in the same room.
10. I also have 2 step-brothers.
11. When I was 13 years old, my brother Ryan got married.
12. My sister Rachael got married.
13. And I became an auntie for the first time to little Ryan.
14. I've lived in 8 states.
15. I've lived in two or more places (house/apartment) in each state but the first one.
16. I've only broken one bone.
17. My right arm.
18. I tried a one-handed cartwheel and then tried to land on one foot.
19. It didn't quite work.
20. It took my mom about 3 days to finally take me to the doctor to see if it was broken.
21. I'm the only one out of us six kids who didn't take piano lessons.
22. The only instrument I tried was the flute.
23. For a week or so.
24. Then I had that cartwheel tragedy.
25. My sister Shannon and I were child back-up singers for a real song "We are the colors of the world" (or something like that...).
26. My sisters Shannon and Lori were in the music video.
27. I'm currently 27
28. Not married.
29. I'm also the only one in my family who's not married.
30. The five others have gotten married in an interesting order.
31. #2, then #1
32. #4, then #3
33. #6, then ME! (well, someday, maybe!)
34. And don't have kids
35. I do have 9 nieces and nephews (and one on the way!)
36. Plus 7 step-nieces and nephews
37. 16 total and in December, I'll have 17 total.
37. If all my siblings end up with kids and I don't, I'll be the auntie to the most kids in my family!
38. I also worry that if I have kids, there won't be any good names left...
39. My mom married Bob
40. A pastor
41. Which makes me a "PK" (pastor's kid)
42. When I was 15 years old
43. Right after the wedding some kids were talking about a movie and when I asked them which one, they said they couldn't tell me because I was now a "PK".
44. I told them I was a step-PK.
45. Bob has been the best/most perfect person in my mom's life.
46. Ever since I realized that, I've been in search for my Bob.
47. I've been dating Jason for almost a year.
48. I think he may just be my Bob.
49. I don't want to get married to just anyone.
50. I want to marry the one.
51. And marry that one only once.
52. I'm in no hurry.
53. I like being right.
54. I want to be right all the time.
55. I have a hard time admitting when I'm wrong.
56. I'm extremely impatient.
57. I hate waiting for anything.
58. I almost get personally offended when people tell me they'll be somewhere at a certain time, but aren't.
59. I've try to not let it bother me too much.
60. If I'm late, I try to think of things to blame it on.
61. i.e. bad directions, had to stop and get gas, or a slow-key-poky in front of me.
62. I wish that people turning right would merge to the right before they turned, instead of staying in the main lane right be turning.
63. I hate silence.
64. The radio is always on in my car.
65. I have a hard time turning it off, even if I'm on the phone.
66. I turn on the TV as soon as I get inside my apartment.
67. It bothers me when I don't finish something.
68. If I'm watching a movie in the theater, and it sucks really bad, I still have a hard time leaving without seeing the rest of it.
69. I guess I also feel that someone is not entitled to have an opinion on something unless they have seen it, experienced it, tried it, etc.
70. I love my toes.
71. I can't stop looking at them when I get a pedicure.
72. Pedicures make me happy.
73. Manicures don't.
74. I tend to mess up any manicure the same day.
75. I used to bite my nails.
76. I also got in trouble for doing it from one of my father's.
77. I bit them even more.
78. I love having blond hair. Me and Shannon are the only ones with blond hair in our family, but I was definitely the toe-head in the family!
79. I've never been able to dye it any other color but more blond.
80. The closest I've got was high and low lights.
81. I like the color of my eyes (blue/grey with specks) but sometimes wish they were really blue like my mom's.
82. I don't think I could move away from this area...
83. I love and am loved.
84. Hanging out with my local nieces and nephews make me happy.
85. Ben has almost mastered the Russian accent and makes me smile.
86. Jack tries to translate what I say to Katya to help her understand me. He's such a cute little helper.
87. Katya is very independent, but when it comes to handing out love (i.e. hugs and kisses) she's right there waiting for my signature "squishy hug" all the kids love.
88. When I hang out with just Kristen, she's such a little pre-teen it amazes me how mature and non-childlike she is! And with all the other kids, I've seen her mom in her, as the older sibling trying to help the auntie out with all the kids.
89. My siblings (aka: built in friends) also make me happy.
90. Rachael's fun to hang out with and when I need a review of anything, i.e. a movie/book/TV show/life... I turn to her for answers.
91. I adored my brother, Ryan. He would mark permanent marker all over my face. I wouldn't get mad. I'd clean his room for free (and charge Lori a dollar). And now, even though he's far away, I still want to make him proud of me.
92. Shannon is probably the most outgoing person in our family. She can stop at the gas station and start a 20-minute conversation with the cashier or have a heart-to-heart with a new friend in the first 5 minutes. Oh, and if there's a way to get a $500 appliance for $10, she'll find it!
93. Lori is the best secret keeper in our family. She also has her special way of telling you what to do without you knowing she just bossed you around.
94. I don't think many things beat going to McDonald's for an ice cream cone with Natalie.
95. I think it's the way she says, "Hey! Want to go get an ice cream cone?!?" It gets me every time!
96. We also have the most history together (and maybe a little too much) but it's cool to remember things like Mrs. Golambus, glow-in-the-dark rubber bands for the braces, UCA, WWC, living in the apartment, etc.
97. Sometimes it shocks me how close my family is.
98. We're not a very touchy family and it's okay.
99. And we do love each other.
100. And I know God has blessed me.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your thoughts are so sweet. And, I think your eyes are as blue as mine!!

Anonymous said...

It turned out cute (your post), but your layouts cute too. Nat says I made you the cutest one. Maybe we should trade. JK.

Anonymous said...

sorry, I meant "layout's". -- rach

Lori said...

Great 100th post! Hey thanks for the nice comments about me. What exactly do you mean about my special way of telling you what to do without knowing I just bossed you around? Without my knowing or your knowing? Im confused.

By the way, I Like the new layout.

Anonymous said...

wait, after reading the comments, you guys must have read a lot further than me. I read to I think number 12 or so and gave up...it was long just scrolling to the bottom of 100. Hey, if you said anything nice about me too, thanks.

Rachael said...

did you get this one?