August 6, 2007

Last year, today

I don't always have a good memory, but I know what I was doing last year, today.
My friend, Shannon, had met this guy while getting a new pair of glasses and had just enough courage to ask him out to a local comedy night. She did need a little support so she invited me and a few others to go with her and he, Ryan, invited a couple guys of his own (I guess they both needed support!).
I don't remember the comedians or the jokes, but I do remember meeting this hottie, Jason, and how shy and sweet he was, (and how unique and cute his extra long side-burns were!), so I just knew that my outgoing personality would help me get to know this guy a bit more... and it did!
We all hung out and then went outside and sat on some benches to talk and he wanted to give me his phone number, but I told him I wouldn't call him, (I had previously decided, through past experiences, that if I was going to date someone, he would have to be the one to go out of his way to ask me out) so he'd have to get mine and have to call ME! I figured, if it were meant to be, he'll call...
Wow, did he take his time though! I tell you, I couldn't stop thinking about that boy and can't believe he waited about four days or so to call me! But I was patient and believe that things happen for a reason...
And that's how we met!

2 comments:

Lori said...

happy 12 monthaversary as you like to call it. Any plans?

Anonymous said...

I love you Francie and it has been a very good year. The way time goes by it seems like yesterday, but you made me smile thinking about the night we met :)

Love,

Jason