August 13, 2007

To Valet? Or Not To Valet?

So, Jason and I went out last night and decided to go all out and go to valet parking. It was pretty nice not to have to find a parking spot and drive around and around or out in the boonies, until we went to pick it up.
I turned in the voucher and we went outside to wait for my car. We waited and waited until about 20 minutes later, this guy pulls up in a golf cart and asked if I was the one with the Saturn. "Yes, why?" I said. "Well, it has a dead battery, so I'm going to check and see if we have one we can use... is there any kind of trick to start your car?" He asked. "No, just turn the key!"
We waited and waited. And I got more stressed out and remembered how I just got a new battery just less than 6 months ago. Wow, this sucks!
Then, here he comes on his little golf cart, again, and says, well, we don't have any jumper cables... (what? Valet doesn't have any jumper cables? That's weird!) I thought. Then Jason says to him, "well, sometimes you have to push the clutch in kind of hard".
The guy looks at us and asks, "it's a stick shift?"
YES!!! IT IS!!!
"Oh, she didn't say anything about that, she just tried to start it and it wouldn't..."
So, he left as we tried to compose our laughter and waited just a few more minutes until the car drove up.
But, let me tell you...
I AM going to be calling them and complaining!

6 comments:

Lori said...

I'm guess you went to the Four Winds to eat Right? How was it? I heart it's really nice and they food is supposed to be really good.
What a goof ball for not knowing your car was stick shift. Todd and I valet parked one time and they lost our car, and it was right after we got the BMW so I was not too happy, especially since when I dropped it off, I told the guy it was new and to please be extra careful with it. Obviously they found it, but we waited for a while for them to find it.

Rachael said...

Where were you? Yikes, how could someone work as a valet and not be able to recognize a stick shift? SCARY!

I'm laughing at your last statement though. I knew you would. ;>

Anonymous said...

Did you tip them anyway?

mom

Francie said...

I haven't yet called, but I'm just about to look up their phone number...
And no, mom, I DID NOT tip them! At first I was thinking of tipping them a bit more when I thought they were going to try and jump it and all, but then when I found out they were stupid... well, you know.

Shannon said...

Ya think?
Reminds me of a stupid blond joke...
Question: What did the blond do when she found out that accidents happen closest to home?
Answer: She moved!

Anonymous said...

Francie, you should become a professional photographer of children. You would be great!!

Bonnie