January 2, 2009

New Years Eve in Chicago!

We had a lot of fun this year for New Year's Eve! Jason and I headed to Chicago with four friends and we had so much fun!We took the train into the city!Steve and BetsyRob and KymmBetsy: AKA the Orbit gum lady telling us to "clean that dirty mouth!" with Orbit gum!
I'm sure they're laughing because I said a super funny joke!
Jason pretending to be an asleep bum.
Here's a picture of the train station where we had to wait for the train to come in. Man, was it cold out there! I heard it was like 12 degrees or so but with the wind chill, I'm sure it was single digits (maybe even in the negative!)
We were pretty lucky! All the CTA train rides where just one penny! What a deal!
Jason and me
This is my "I'm shocked!" look!
We arrived to the train station and there was an ambulance and a fire truck in front, so we took a few pictures, then headed inside to catch our train. One of the cops told us they were there because of a Bomb Threat! But he was joking and started laughing at us for believing him! Apparently, some guy fell asleep in the middle of the waiting area for the train so they had to call in all these guys for that!
We tried to get the cops to take some fun pictures with us, but this is all we got from them.
Here we are taking an escalator in downtown Chicago.
Close up picture of me and Jay.
We had a really fun time! We ate at Miller's Restaurant. Their food was amazing! We're definitely going back, too! When we left, we gave our leftovers to a few homeless people outside the restaurant. I also had a few of those "hot hands" things that I had left over from a football game and gave those out to a few people. They last for about 10 hours! They were very happy about those!
We then headed over to another venue and listened to some jazz, featuring those two guys that were on the movie "Adventures in Babysitting"! It was pretty cool! Didn't get a great picture though, but it was neat just to see the guy that said "Ain't nobody leaving without singing the blues!" and I've had that "babysitting blues" song stuck in my head ever since!
After the countdown, we went back to the place we ate dinner at and just sat around and talked until forever!
Happy New Year Everyone!

10 comments:

Teen : } said...

Hello Ms. Francie. It's Teena from CA. Happy New Year sweetie. Looks like you had lots of fun. That is a great way to start the new year with a smile and some friends. How was your Christmas?
I love reading you and your families blogs. Y"all are 1 of some of the reasons I stayed in church when I first came in '99. Your family is so welcoming and inviting.
Well, till the next blog.
Hey do you still sing?

Teen : } said...

Don't know if that made sense. lol Ahh I think you know what I meant.

Cecelia said...

So you went to Chicago? I remember riding the train to work everyday when I worked in Chicago, and riding the escalators too. Glad you had a fun and safe New Year's Eve celebration. Loved seeing all the pictures.

~ V ~ said...

Pretty exciting compared to ours. We turned on the TV just before 9 pm our time to see the countdown in NY. Then we turned it off and went to bed.

Happy New Year!

Natalie said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! Glad you didnt freeze to death.

Tina in CT said...

Mine was spent housecleaning for Tami and the girls the next day. Not exactly a fun night.

Sounds like you, Jason and your friends had a good time in the Windy City.

Happy New Year!

Shannon said...

Do you think you would have recognized his voice if you hadn't known who it was? I LOVED that movie!

honestgrl said...

I like your I'm Shocked face :) Very funny. I'm sure the policemen couldn't wait for you guys to leave. :) Glad you had a good New Years!

CATHY said...

Happy New Year. Looks like you had a great time. I think Chicago is a great city to visit. Kind of cold tho.
Glad you had fun and were safe.

Anonymous said...

Ya'll are such nuts!!!

cracks me up