January 25, 2009

Musical Time!

Today is the first day of rehearsals for the musical "Ragtime". I auditioned with a friend who didn't make it, so unfortunately, I'll be there with 60 people, all of whom I do not know, so I'm either going to take a book to read* when I'm not needed, or I'll be real busy making friends fast!
I am playing a small role as "Maid Bridgit" as well as one of the singers in the "New Rochelle Chorus". I'm very excited to see what I'll be singing and wearing! I'm not an actor, but apparently I'm good enough!
If I can, I'll come back with pictures to show you guys of our first rehearsal!

Wish me luck!

*I'm currently reading "The Book Thief" by Markus Zusak, recommended by my sister Rachael. The first book to read this year. I've just been reading a few chapters every night. While it's a good book, it's not one like "Twilight" that sucked me in and didn't allow me to do anything else but read its pages! But it is a pretty good book!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

So...How is it going?

Tina in CT said...

Great opportunity for making new friends.