January 23, 2009

And the water just runs through...

I have a gallon at work that I fill with water every morning. My goal is to drink the entire gallon each day! I fill it up, then pour some into a water bottle and then mark the gallon of water for each water bottle so I can keep track of how many water bottles I have to drink and how many I have already drank for the day.
Well, yesterday was the day I got the closest to actually drinking the entire gallon! I started off good, by drinking 1.5 bottles of water (from the gallon) in the first hour and a half! Then came the potty breaks...

I had to potty all day long! And when I mean all day long, I literally mean, ALL DAY L-O-N-G! I didn't actually count how many times for the entire day, but I did count up to 9 times before I got off work last night (and I only worked 8 hours) so, I'm thinking that I went at least one time per hour that I was awake for the day (and I was only awake for 15 hours yesterday!)*

I try and not drink anything after I leave work at 6 p.m. so I'm not up all night long, but I just get so thirsty later in the day!

I don't think I'll actually drink a gallon of water every day, but it's pretty neat to have this as a goal and have water right at my desk and available if I get thirsty! Also, it's really cut down on my soda and coffee intake and I don't get head aches anymore due to caffeine with drawls!

You know when you water your plant too much and it starts leaking from the bottom the excess water that it doesn't need? Well, do you think there's any relation between that and drinking too much water? Just a thought...

*BTW: Sorry if this "potty" talk is a little TMI for people, but I thought it was really funny, and interesting enough to blog about! Thanks!

7 comments:

Cecelia said...

Good for you. The more you consistently drink the water, you'll find that the potty breaks aren't as frequent. Keep it up.

Rachael said...

Well, do the math: There are 3.78 liters in a gallon. The bladder hold about 300 cc. We'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say you have a generous bladder capacity and can hold 378 cc. That's 10 trips to the bathroom/gallon. Unless you're sweating it out (not likely at work.)

Can't you think of something else to call it besides going potty? Viiting the loo, perhaps? haha.

Natalie said...

I used to drink 4 20oz. water bottles every day when I worked at T-bird by noon. It used to buy me an extra break.

Lori said...

Now you know how I feel all the time lately even if I don't drink hardly any water at all. That's just one of the cons of being pregnant.
As for the water, well, I don't think that much water is necessary. 6-8 8oz glasses is the recommended amount. Most drink way less than that, so really, your just irrigating your kidneys and bladder really well.

Elle J said...

You have the medical sisters in your family that I would listen to before me :) ... but, I think it is really cool and now I am going to start drinking more H2O. I was good last spring; but the bathroom thing drove me crazy and I slacked back to my old ways. Seems like a lame excuse to stop, right? I should probably start back up ... :)

Good job!

Tina in CT said...

I'm at the opposite end of the spectrum from you with water drinking. I know that I should be drinking lots but it makes me uncomfortable and feeling bloated. I drink just when thirsty.

You are doing very well with your water.

My former boss drank lots of water and tea and practically wore a path in the carpeting from her office to the ladies room.

If I have too much water out for the dog, I'm cleaning it up on the bathroom tile floor even though I put her out every few hours.

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! that's a lot of water Francie!!! I would be going to the little girls room all night! good for you though!!!