January 10, 2008

Re-solutions 2008

I figured out that resolutions could also be pronounced as "re-solutions"! Solutions to problems from the last year that need to be re-evaluated and re-done!
So, I have decided on a few "solutions" this year.
I wasn't going to write them down, but then, after 10 days, I figured that if I didn't, then I wouldn't even attempt them in order to break them or forget about doing them...
So, here goes...
1. Read books. Not really a solution to a problem, but more of a goal for the year. I finished one book on the 1st of Jan. and now I'm on another one!
2. Exercise. This is a very generic term, but I don't want to be too specific, as in how many times, how much, what, when, etc. so, I'm just saying "exercise!" Yup, I actually got up this morning at 6 a.m. and walked for an hour with one of my friends, then came home and went to bed for another 1.5 hours before getting up and ready for work at 9 a.m.! I guess I'll have to see how long this lasts, huh?
Well, I was thinking of a few more, but then realized that I don't think they are necessarily problems that I have to solve, ha-ha!
I'll probably add more later or tweak these at some point, I'm sure, but at least I have some goals for the year!
Hey, did any of you hear about that church that made the resolution for the members not to complain for 21 days? Could you do it? Ever since I heard that yesterday, I've been complaining even more!

4 comments:

Lori said...

I've never been an early morning person so waking up at 6am to exercise would never last long. But it's a good idea if you can do it, then you get your exercising out of the way first thing and it will help motivate you not to eat bad the rest of the day since you wouldnt want your early morning workout to be for nothing.

Rachael said...

I have a really hard time with it in the am too. But exercising is definitely something I need to be doing more of this year. Let's all do it together!

And, not complaining...that is a great resolution. Maybe I'll try that little experiment.

Tina in CT said...

Love your background.

Francie said...

Thanks, Tina... I stole it from Rachael's collection!