January 5, 2008

Adventures in babysitting

Lori has been telling me about all the adventure-some nights with Anthony, so since I was at their house last night, I told her that I'd help a little and take the first shift.

After she fed him and changed him, she then showed me all the noise makers in the room to prepare me for the next few hours. The humidifier, the de-humidifier, the CD player, the stuffed animal that has three different noises (well, there's actually four, but 'don't play the whale' sound!) She then showed me how the fan in the bathroom works wonders as well as another song toy that's timed for between 15 and 18 minutes.
I took Anthony and they left for bed, it was sometime after 10:30 p.m. or so. Well, Anthony starting crying right off the bat and Todd came back in to tell me how to told him just so and that he likes bounces but not wimpy ones, the big bounces! "Okay, thanks!"
So, I must have gotten the right mixture of humidifier sound, CD player on, and ocean noises, as well as the correct bouncing method along with a little bottom pat every other bounce or so, and he was asleep! I thought this was WAY too easy! I then tried to lay him in his bed and found out that it actually wasn't that easy!
So, I started over...
This time, I made it to the chair and ended up having him lay on me, then I reclined and closed my eyes... we slept for about an hour like that! Once I woke up, I realized that we was still sleeping, so I attempted the bed, again. Didn't work, again.
After a little bit more, he started crying, so I laid him in his bed and woke up Lori for Anthony's midnight snack. It was around 1:15, I think. I headed home and to bed.
Not too bad! Lori told me later that she got him to sleep after his snack for almost three hours! (Lori told me that she hoped he was good, but not too good, in order to validate her stories... well, it wasn't too bad unless he was in his bed!)

3 comments:

Rachael said...

That baby is going to be SO spoiled.

Lori said...

I love the close up of Anthony.

It was a nice break having yo help out, I'm glad he wasn't too bad, or you might never offer to help again.

Shannon said...

Something I can't imagine.