January 29, 2008

Stories from Grandma's attic

While I was finishing a scarf last night for grandma Annie, I decided to give her a call and chat for a few minutes, which actually turned out to be almost 40 minutes, but it was pretty cool because I started asking her about how she met grandpa Ray and she told me all kinds of stories, which I normally would write on my blog, but for the fact that I took notes on my favorite things in the world, post-its, and now I can't find them!
But I did find one of the post-its, so here's one of her stories... *

Just a little background...
I was sitting on my couch, crocheting and watching TV on mute, and chatting with Grandma Annie, while my cat, Rocco, decided to jump on the shelf above the couch and knock down the hard wooden candle holder on my head, to which I thought I would faint, but didn't...
So, I told Grandma Annie, what had just happened and she told me this story...

Back in the day, she was working for this man, who never smiled or laughed or showed any emotion...
Well, he was doing something and had cut his finger. So, I went to help him with a band-aid and started telling him that I had taken 1st aide and they taught me that at the first sight of blood, hemorrhaging would happen right away and I would have to put a tourniquet on the man's neck, just in case!
Of course, we were both laughing at this...
And you know what he did?
No, what!
He looked up at me, didn't crack a smile or nothin' and I was about to bust! Then he said, really slow, "I don't believe it's that way..."
Then I just started cracking up!

So, to all sum it up for those that haven't taken 1st aid yet, blood = hemorrhaging = tourniquet on the neck (according to Grandma Annie!)

*This story was NOT about how she met Grandpa Ray. Just one of the many random stories she had told me.

3 comments:

Lori said...

I need to call her again. She is a riot.

Rachael said...

You know, I had no idea how they met. So many untold stories...

Natalie said...

Shes such a funny grandma, wish we could see her more.