January 16, 2008

Grandma Scrooge

After about about three years, I called my Grandma Annie last night. Lori had told me that she just recently called her, too, and that Grandma Annie was super sweet (as usual) and so, even though I'm stricken with guilt of a granddaughter that doesn't keep in contact, I figure, why not? She's not going to be mad!
In fact, she was so funny and I think she was really happy that I called too!
She just cracks me up!
She started telling me a couple of stories...
I remember when you kids were playing like you were back in Bible times and washing your clothes in water with rocks and Rachael came up and asked you what you all were doing... then she said, well, why don't you just go back to Grandma's time??? Then Grandma Annie started laughing!

She also told me about the stray cats in the area, that has become hers (and you wonder why we all have pets!). There's Garfield, Ladybug, Lovebug, and another one that I can't remember the name to. She started telling me that Garfield is a pretty clever little cat. He'll come inside the house, go to the bedroom door, and stand on his hind legs and stretch his arms up towards the handle and OPEN THE DOOR!!! She said that she'd be in the bedroom and the door will open and you're expecting a person to walk through and there's that cat! And the first thing Grandma Annie thinks is...
Well, are you going to close the door? It's cold!

One more thing that she told me, was to tell Jason, that "he better be good to you, because I'm the meanest grandma in town, or in the world, for that matter!"
I thought that was pretty cool that she's so protective!

She's so funny!
I mailed her some pictures (including a couple of me and Jason and Anthony, Kristen, Katie, Jack and Ben) and a card today so hopefully she get it soon. But just like Lori said, she was just happy to talk!

6 comments:

CATHY said...

I think that is so sweet that you have a relationship with your granny. I don't have any grandparents, well, I don't even have any parents alive. So, enjoy each moment with them. You need to call your granny more often.
I saw you singing on Nat's blog, I forgot that you sing. Should I look forward to seeing you on youtube?

Francie said...

Nat put that on her blog and now I'm totally embarrased! I sound awful! And I won a contest two months ago and won $1000!
Oh, well...

Shannon said...

I should call Grandma Annie too. Are you hoping to make it to OK this summer with the rest of us that are planning on going? I think it is a much over-due visit.

Rachael said...

It's been 3 YEARS since you called Grandma Annie?! Shame on you!!

Lori said...

I was feeling pretty guilty before my phone call to her too, but she was so sweet. I hope I do a better job of keeping in touch with her from now on.
I'm glad you called, I'm sure it made her day.
That is so funny about the cat.

Natalie said...

shes such a funny lady, I miss her.