January 22, 2008

Grandma Scrooge - revisited

I called Grandma Annie again tonight to see if she got my card. And she did! She loved the pictures of Kristen, Katie, Jack, Ben, and Anthony that I sent her. I had also made sure that their names and dates were on the back of each picture, which she thought was very helpful.
She was so funny, as she's been, and had asked me if my hair was still blond, naturally, and I told yes, although I had added high and low lights for Natalie's wedding.
She then told me a story...
When Mom, her daughter, was pregnant with Lori, she took grandma Annie to get a "permanent" on mother's day.
The man that was doing the "permanent" asked G. Annie who had done her highlights in her hair. While she had NEVER done that to her hair before! So, she told him flat out, "well, my husband of over 20 years, my two kids, and 3 and a half grandchildren!"
He told her that he's never heard a better answer!
Then she started laughing!
She just cracks me up!
She also thanked me for the piece of paper with the number 20 on it, and I told her that I figured she needed it more than I would. She said that I was probably right. Then I told her not to blow it all in one place, but she said she couldn't make any promises...!
I think I'll send her more pictures with another card, soon.
Anyone want me to take pictures of their kids to mail to Grandma Scrooge???

4 comments:

Rachael said...

Well, sorry I made you feel so guilty with my last comment on this topic. Now I feel guilty...

Tina in CT said...

Why is she called Granma Scrooge?

Anonymous said...

Why did you go so many years without speaking to her? It sounds like you guys have a pretty close family, so that is surprising.

Francie said...

Anonymous,
I don't know exactly why I haven't spoken with her in so long... a few excuses could be that I didn't have her phone # in my cell; I haven't heard from her in a while; I didn't have her address; or that I felt that if I called her, it would be hours before I got off the phone... I don't really know!
It wasn't that I was mad at her at all, I love her!

Tina,
I don't remember why exactly we call her Grandma Scrooge, except that she used to call HERSELF that and jokingly tell us that she was the meanest grandma in town! (Which she totally wasn't!!!)