April 30, 2007

Purses

Okay, so Susan gave me a really good idea... talking about purses!
The Movie Purse: a large size purse able to carry much needed, inexpensive edible items, bought at the local grocery store, in order to save money. Items I've put in a move purse? Full bag of chips with bean dip and nacho cheese in a jar. Bags of candy. Cans of Diet Coke. And most interestingly, grapes and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches (with Lori in Washington during "My Best Friends Wedding").
The Mom Purse (not necessarily for mom's) : Baby-diaper-size purse with random items including but not limited to lotions, cameras, hairbrushes, socks, mascara, a mirror, gum (regular and bubble), safety pins, a wad of receipts, and much, much more.
The Mini Purse: One of my favorites. This purse usually includes my cell phone, driver's license, debit card, and keys.
The Every-day Purse: Not as fun, but what is usually in my purse... cell, wallet, chap stick, gum, lotion, and my keys (and the annoying spare change the I have to dig forever to find a penny).
Got any "purses" that you'd like to add?

2 comments:

Shannon said...

The church purse: A dainty bag that fits a pen, candy (for the kids), gum, blank note cards (for talking quietly), and a bunch of change for the children's offering.

The back-pack purse: exactly what it sounds like. I rely so much on my back-pack that I dont leave home without it anymore. It holds every random thing that I can possibly imagine. Once, I was looking for something so I emptied out the front pocket on the desk to find a condom that found its way in. (It came from a display that was presented by the nursing dept).~kind of embarrasing though considering not everyone in class stopped by the same display as me.

I gota tell you about Madeline's purses. She has a ton of them, but there is one particular purse of mine that she loves and every now and then when I want to use it I have to barrow it back. The last time that happened...
Lip gloss, mirror, comb, tooth-brush/paste, Madeline (from Paris) doll, doll clothing, diapers for "Ginger", baby bottles, french fries, DVD, random rocks (pebbles),
sidewalk chalk
I just laughed out loud and dumped it on the floor. It weighed a ton!

Rachael said...

How about the purse within a purse. My "mom" purse has gotten so big and full of gameboys, random crayons, etc. that I put a smaller purse (with just my stuff inside it) inside the big purse so I can find my stuff.