April 16, 2007

Now I know what surreal really means

Rachael and Derrick. Adopting a russian 7-year old. Is it really happening? Are we really going to have her here in 3 days? It seems like it was all happening, but at the same time, it seemed like it would just take forever and a day. But, no, she'll be here this week! Do I need to get a bigger car so I can fit all 4 kids in my car without having one sit in the front seat? Should I take off work? I'm an auntie again! Will she like me? I hope. Will she want to go to Dairy Queen? I sure hope so!! So, this makes... 9 neices and nephews plus 8 step-neices and nephews? right? I think so... 17 NEICES AND NEPHEWS!!!!! Wow! And Lori, Natalie, and I haven't even had one kid yet!
Either way, I'm super excited, and I know I can take on this role... Katya's favorite auntie is ready!! ha-ha

No comments: