April 5, 2007

An Antique!

My mom turned 35 years old (again, ha-ha) this last February and when I asked her how old she was, she told me she was almost an antique! While she made me laugh, (pretty good too!) I told her that she had a little while longer to go... then she, of course, pointed out that it was a VERY long time away because to be considered "antique" is to be 100 years old or more... No, my mom is not an antique; although, if one were to respect someone as much as an antique, she would then be an antique... (I hope that makes sense...)
Who is this person? My mom! Isn't she one of the cutest little girls? I found copies of these pictures in my scrapbook stuff and scanned them and put them on a CD so my family can also have a copy of them... Yes, I have more too, it's really cool to see someone you've always known as an adult in pictures when they were little kids. Proof, I guess, that while she may look perfect (and has always been perfect, according to my mom...) just knowing that she was a little girl allows me to believe that hopefully, like I always did, she got in trouble for something!
I take pictures of my neices and nephews, when I get the chance, but really, is having few pictures make those pictures even better than having a ton?
This may be the case for my 'little-innocent-looking-little-girl-as-my-mom' but when I think back... I feel that I have accomplished my 'auntie' duties of taking pictures of my neices and nephews and hope that when (should I say "if"?) I have kids, then their aunties better be there too!
Either way, I love my mom, I love this picture and I'm glad that while it's a scanned copy of the original, I still have pictures of my mother as a little girl... pictures are also great ways to remember too. While my mom is already a grandma of way-too-many, she still has this same look of kind, happy, easy-going-ness that I hope I also have...

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I just finished reading both posts (the one about Natalie and about Mom)
You are being sooo sweet. Anything you plan on asking for in the near future? Just kidding! Those were really sweet entries and I am glad to have those pictures for myself now too. Thanks.
I think your blog site is so cool. I check it all the time to see if you have added another entry, as I love to read them.

Anonymous said...

Franc...something only has to be 50 years old to be considered antique. You never listen to your mother, do you?