May 13, 2007

Mother's Day

Lately, there's been a commercial for Dairy Queen where this lady is on her way to deliver her baby and she says something like, "I'm not a mother yet, but I will be soon, so I grabbed an icecream cake..." or something...
But, she is a mother! Just like my sister, Lori. She's a mother! She will be having her baby in December; therefore, she is a mother!
I know it's sort of random to mention this, but I've seen that commercial so many times lately and I just couldn't figure out why it bothered me so much!
With all the politics now... I guess it seems much more clear to me...
I feel so blessed in my life to know so many mother's and great examples (and proof of their success in their children) mother's like mine, like Rachael, Bonnie, Shannon, Brenda, and even Lori! Lori was able to utilize motherly skills as 'mother-hen' in a condo with two females needing direction (and possibly discipline too...)!
I'm so happy for Lori! While I have no advice for her, because I don't have experience in that field, I still hope she knows she is loved, prayed for, and has my support... (don't ask me to babysit, yet, though!) Ha-Ha!!
So, for all those Mom's out there, Happy Mother's Day and see your reflection in your children!

2 comments:

Lori said...

Thanks for thinking of me, glad to hear your excited too. I'm sure I'm in for quite a lifestyle change. I don't know what I'm going to do when I dont get my 10-12 hours of sleep each day/night.

Shannon said...

Thanks! I must be a really awsome mom because I have a really awsome little girl!! I am so excited for lori too. Oh the joys of motherhood. And you are so right! If Lori can handle two sisters who have a mind of their own and survive (which we all know she did), then she should have no problems.