April 20, 2007

She's home!

Just before Katya got home, I went and bought a dozen bright girly colored balloons and one large Care Bear balloon with four separate balloons attached (one for each child). I was super excited to see them come back and waited outside as they pulled into the drive-way, waving like a mad-woman. I just wanted to give her my usual "squishy" hug but didn't want to squish her! She's super tiny! Rachael introduced all us auntie's but I'm sure she'll need to be reminded for a few more times.
We could all tell that she already has the family love for animals. Real, like the dogs, hamster, and the cat as well as the stuffed animals all over!
Before I left, I got on my knees to give her a hug and I told her "dos-vey-don-ya" (I'm pretty sure that Russian for "goodbye" or "see ya later" or something along those lines and she repeated it back to me... then I told her "ya-tay-bya-la-boo" for "I love you" in Russian (and I was pretty darn proud of myself, you know) then she looks at me, starts to laugh, then says "I love you" and runs off! I was so shocked! I told her, as she left, "you little stinker! you know English!!!" We'll have to teach her more, I know, but I just couldn't get over that cute moment!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Its "love in any language" ya know. I am so jealous you get to se her so much. Rachael said she is as stubborn as she is smart. Guess that means they picked the perfect fit for the family. ha.
when exactly is the shower? I need to know so I can talk to my professors and see about driving up with Mom. I think It is the last weekend before school is out, so it isnt real promising.