April 25, 2007

American Idol Gives Back

Have you had goosebumps for two hours straight before? Watching American Idol tonight with all the singers and Josh Groban with the little kids and pictures from Africa and showing how such a little bit of money can make a huge difference and allow children to learn and live!
Powerful!
Did you know that $50 can provide 100 children with medicine to make sure they don't get malaria?
Go to www.americanidol.com and click on "Idol Gives Back" and make a difference today. Instead of spending $50 on spring clothes or going out to eat... I gave it to children in Africa. Instead of blowing money on gum or candy that I don't need anyway, I gave it to dying families in Africa. Instead of having professionals wash my car, I'll do it myself (or just go without) and give that money to a child for books. Instead of spending money on a hair cut or color, it can wait, but those in Africa won't have to wait for that money to be spent to help their living conditions....
As of 9:45 p.m. American Idol gives back has raised over 30 million dollars!
Donate now!
Make a difference!
SAVE A LIFE!

Addendum: Thank you, Jason, for "giving back"!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my site. Being an auntie is awesome. One of my email addys says I am a BlessedAuntie.

I really appreciate your attitude and commitment in this post. It is a great reminder that I do have so much that I can do without so that others can have the basics.

You have challenged me to go over my finances and see where I can cut. Thanks.

Keep up the writing.

Anonymous said...

well, im not commenting on the entry because I didnt read it, I dont like american idol anymore. But i like all your pics!