September 30, 2007

Baking girl and helper man

In the mood to bake something, I decided it would be best to go to Rachael's house and get one of the kids to help me... I had just finished making a bag of lentils at my house and figured I would either freeze half of it or bring it over to Rachael's for her family, which is why I also decided to go over there.
I was previously working on organizing my recipes and came across a "Creamy Pumpkin Pie" recipe that looked 10 times better than the usual pumpkin pie I was going to make (especially after a really bad experience with pumpkins one Thanksgiving at Lori's house, a little too many pumpkin pies, pumpkin cheesecakes, and pumpkin something else, about 5 years or so ago) but this other recipe looked really good!
Ben was my helper man today. He helped me make two Creamy Pumpkin Pie, one for Rachael and the family, and the other for me and Jason and his dad, Ron. I haven't tried it yet, but I did lick the spoon, when we were done, and it was pretty darn yummy!!!*
Meanwhile, Rachael, Ben, Jack, and Katie finished off the lentils I made. So much for them eating it for dinner, right?
Oh, and I also got Katie to eat carrots, she said she didn't like them (they were in the lentils stew) so I told her that they were good for the eyes and that I ate them as a child and now my eyes are 20/20! (Okay, so maybe a + b won't always equal c, but at least I got her to eat it, right?)
Oh, and me and helper man also made bread... I used Rachael's mini loaves and they are so cute!
* Oh, and here's the recipe for the yummy:
Creamy Pumpkin Pie
Ingredients:
1/2 cup cold milk
1 pkg (6-serving) vanilla flavor instant pudding and pie filling
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 cup canned pumpkin
2 1/2 cups cool whip (thawed)
1 graham cracker crust

Directions:
In large bowl beat milk, pudding mix and spice with wire whisk for 1 minute. (Mixture will be very thick.) Whisk in pumpkin. Stir in whipped topping. Spread in crust. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or until set.
Garnish as desired. Store in refrigerator.
(I'll probably use cool whip/whipped cream and a tiny bit of caramel or something for the top!)

4 comments:

Francie said...

They are yummy. You should have shown the picture of the finished product. I love eating warm bread out of the oven. Remember when we were little and Mom used to tell us it would make our stomachs expand from the warm yeast and it wasn't healthy?

Lori said...

Do you have any leftovers? Maybe I'll come over tomorrow! And by the way, that pumpkin experience you are referring to 5 years ago at my house... Those were awsome pumpkin cheesecakes, and pumpkin cookies, and pumpkin bread, I think maybe you just ate too much of it and made yourself sick, because I still love pumpkin desserts, esp pie.

Shannon said...

was Rach using your PC to leave a comment?

Glad to hear you are still making bread. Is it the same receipe?

So, did Katya like carrots or did she just eat them?

Are you comming out for Thanksgiving?

Rachael said...

Hahaha. I just realized you were still signed into my computer and I let you a comment under you own name!