September 14, 2007

No luck for me...

I just had that feeling, you know the one where you'll try for something but don't have your heart in it because you don't think you'll make it, anyway? Well, last night, that was 'that feeling' I had.
I was planning on singing Delicious Surprise last night and realized when I went to go write it down, that the company didn't have that song. I hadn't practiced singing in months, I haven't sung that song for even longer, and knew I wouldn't have a chance, but decided to stick it out, since my friend, Missy, was singing too.
I chose to sing "Can't help falling in love" by Elvis.
We were then waiting to hear the order of songs, and while Missy was joking that she'd be first and how much it would suck, Jason laughed and said that it would be ME!
And, yes, I was first, then turned to Jason and told him that he was mean.
Oh, well, at least I won't have to fret over all the other singers and get mine out of the way, right?
Well, I got up to sing and realized that I had just had a grilled cheese, which equals a rougher voice (it's the dairy), but it wasn't too bad until my super excited twist at the end of the song, just in time for the CD to skip and screw everything up!
So..........................................
I obviously didn't have to stress or worry until the end. Everyone said it sounded really good, but I knew I didn't make it to the finals. I have two more opportunities, but unless my friend, Missy, keeps trying, I'm done. (She didn't make it either).
Oh, well.
Better luck next time, right?

2 comments:

Shannon said...

That sucks!

I've never even heard Super Delicious before.

When is the next time?

Anonymous said...

not super delicious shann, delicious surprise... and Francie, shouldnt they have given you a second try since your cd was scratched? that sucks.