September 13, 2007

Catch up, again.

Obviously, I haven't posted in a while. Been busy.

But just wanted to give you all a brief summary of what's been going on.

This last Sunday was pretty fun, having Natalie and Lori and Todd over to my apartment. I made a new 30-minutes meal from Rachael Ray, Spinach Ravioli and Artichoke Lasagna, which didn't take 30-minutes and wasn't that great, but with a bit of 'tweaking' I think it could be great.
Then Natalie made each of us a loaf (because I don't have a bunt pan) of Popcorn Cake. YUMMY! She even made it with Kettle Corn Popcorn which added a ton more flavor...

Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NATALIE! I tried calling you this morning, but your new phone (and number) isn't set up for messages. I'll call later.
I knew I wouldn't be able to get today off work, so I got Tuesday off work and took the long awaited trip to Nat's new house.
It's huge! The only pictures I had in my mind were those when they first bought the house, I didn't quite realize all the work that had to be done! But it's amazing! So much potential and it would be a perfect candidate for "Flip this house" or every other house show out there. I'm reminded of the game Clue, which I think I only played once (for about 5 minutes) in my life, but with so many bedrooms, she could make one the Blue Room, the Green Room, the Brown Room, the Nautical Room, etc. I love it! And suppose I'll just have to go back and actually help her do something.
It was fun to got there, though. I slept in until 8 a.m. then we went to the grocery store and got cereal and milk. We took a peak down at the lake, but the fall weather was upon us and so we didn't stay down there too long. We also went to Ikea, where I found some great office stuff! A magnetic board that hangs on the board and that you can write on, then a contraption that hangs three metal baskets on the wall, just perfect for sorting mail stuff. I've already put them on the wall and it's so cute and perfect for my office! I have this theory, if there's a place for everything, then keeping a house clean and/or cleaning it should be pretty fast/easy. Hence my yearning for organization (since I don't like cleaning, much).
Back to Natalie... we also started working on the walls in the living room, but got hungry/bored, then we started a movie "Blood Diamond" but Natalie fell asleep on the couch (mmm, I wonder where she got that trait?) so I went upstairs and continued reading "Jack and Jill" the book Lori got me for my birthday, that's an easy read and intense and I wish I could bring to work and read it! Then Adam's mom and grandma came over and brought Walter and Dea. Then we decided to go to JoAnn's and get paint for Natalie to paint me a piece of art I bought at Ikea, so I'd have two similar pieces to hang on the wall in my house (and she said she got it all done yesterday, so I'm really excited to see it when they come over this weekend!).
I had a really fun time at Natalie's house... can't wait until it's all ready to be decorated!

I also have a karaoke contest tonight, it was started about 6-months ago, and now it's the semifinals and I'm not really in the mood, but my friend, Missy, reminded me that if I win, I could win $1,200! So, I guess I'm going to try, tonight.

Well, that's it for now. Hopefully, I get back into the groove of things, soon.

3 comments:

Rachael said...

Do you have Nat's new number? I need to call her.

Sounds like a fun time.

So does this mean you have internet now?

Lori said...

Glad you had fun at Nat's, I didn't know she had an IKEA by her house or I would have come with you.
So what's your blogging status? You back on again?

Shannon said...

Hey France! glad to see you have been slacking too. I should be back in the game myself here pretty soon. Just trying to adjust to a new schedule now that me and Maddy are back to school.
Sounds like you and Nat had a good time.

Good luck on your contest tonight!!