September 25, 2007

Creative cooking

I have recently been really creative with my cooking, still attempting to make whatever is in my cabinets, but once I was out of all the staples, i.e. milk, eggs, bread, and potatoes, I decided that I should break down and go grocery shopping.
It was pretty fun, although I feel like it takes so much time out of my day to go to the store, buy all the stuff and then haul it all into my apartment...
It was a lot more fun than I thought it'd be, I got stuff for home-made egg rolls (yummy) and made those last night (only about $6 for 20 or so!). I also got potatoes for baked potatoes, mashed potatoes, and baked potato soup...
I also broke down and got vege-meat, which is expensive in a regular grocery store, but I was craving some.
Oh, and I'm also going to try the new Dannon Activia Yogurt challenge (but the yogurt is not that tasty, but we'll see if it works!)
I guess that's it, but at least I got groceries that work with the left over stuff in my cabinets!
Oh, and I've got to get my apple slicer from Rachael, so I can make apple pie tonight!

3 comments:

Lori said...

Did you make the Weight Watchers eggroll recipe?
Those are yummy. I'll have to get that recipe from you.

Cecelia said...

I'm glad to hear that you cook for yourself. I'm afraid that I would just eat cereal or junk if it was only me. I love egg rolls. Maybe you could make them when I'm visiting in a few weeks.

Francie said...

Yes, I did use the WW style for the egg rolls, although I added a few things and took out a few things... it was so easy and fast! And it made just enough for leftovers all day yesterday and today for lunch! They're even good cold!
It's great because you can just throw in a ton of random items and bake and eat and YUM!!!