September 15, 2007

I made it!

That's right, folks. I made lentils! They were so yummy... I'm trying this new thing: try not going grocery shopping for more groceries until I've used what's already in my cabinets (that I've had for forever). So, that's why I made lentils for lunch yesterday and pancakes for dinner.

My co-worker had never had lentils and so when she took a bite, I thought she may think it was gross, but she liked it! Now, I have to figure out something fun and yummy with pinto beans, rice, coconut milk, and pumpkin pie filling... any ideas?

Oh, yeah, I also made it into the contest! I sang "Born to Fly" by Sara Evans and sang pretty darn good and made it to the finals! Basically, there are about 300 contestants trying to be one of the 27 finalists, and I'm one of them! I'm really excited, but not as much as I should/could want to be because of my friend, Missy, who talked me into going didn't make it... so, I felt guilty... I hate that!

Let's see, what else is new?

I might get another kitten! I'm going to go look at a litter today... and I'm super excited! I'll have to keep you all posted.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Yeah! CONGRATULATIONS! I really like the song you sang. So, are you gona try out for AI again?

If you have canned tomatoes to go along with the rice and beans, you can make what Andy calls "slop". He swears it is really good.

He cooks the rice while he simmers pinto beans, stewed tomatoes, what ever kind of seasoning he is in the mood for, (souerkraut SP? if you have it too)and when all the stuff has simmered awhile and the rice is done, he adds it together and eats it up. lol He usually eats it once a week, at least.

Do you have any canned black beans?
That is really good just over plain rice. it is extremely simple, but it is really good.

I can be REALLY creative with staples if you need more ideas. Not sure if you'll ask after my ideas from just now. ha! you can at least try them. Let me know.