June 28, 2007

What was I thinking?

So, before this last weekend happened, Natalie asked me if I would watch Walter (her quite large dog that poops when left alone...) and as far as I know, it's supposed to be this weekend, although I haven't heard anything else for a few days, so hopefully they forgot...
Unfortunately, I don't think that they have. Why am I so "Yes-happy"? Why do I feel that I have to help people all the time? What about me? Why can't I just have the right to lay around and do nothing for an entire weekend? I deserve it, right? I work all week!
I don't know, but as much as I try, I still have the feeling of helping people and feel bad when I have to say no...
So, anyone have any ideas of how not to feel guilty about saying no, just because I don't want to do something and without having an excuse?

Update: I just talked with Natalie, as she was in the airport in Hawaii, ready to fly to Mexico, and she told me that her brother-in-law just put Walter in a kennel for the week, so I'm off the hook! Sweet!

5 comments:

Rachael said...

No. Helping people is good. Come on, I know you want to help me clean my house, and weed my garden, and watch my kids. Say YES, not NO!!! :) :)

Shannon said...

When it comes to family its not about "helping". Its an obligation that comes with the territory. Make her do it Rachael:) :) :0),

Francie said...

You two are too funny! Rachael, you have a nanny and a housekeeper and a landscapper... why do you need me?
Shannon, unfortunately for Rachael, we're not kids anymore. Even though she's the oldest, she can't boss me around...
Uh, I mean, What do you need me to help you with Rachael?
Wait! I'm supposed to say no! Oh, man... now I feel bad...
Okay, when do you need my help?
Ha-ha gotcha!

Anonymous said...

Your supposed to watch Walter when I need help with him because your his auntie. Thats what aunties do for their sweet nephews. Walter just learned not to poop so much too! I bet he gets so depressed in the kennel this week, it will take months for him to recover.

Shannon said...

Walter just learned not to poop so much? Ha ha... Probably cause they are twice the size:)