June 14, 2007

I'm fat...

I'm a volumptuous person and I've been okay with it. I feel confident and I'm not depressed about my weight. I know I've got to lose it, and I'll be trying real hard to do so, but sometimes that whole saying, "sticks and stones..." jsut isn't true.
Last Saturday, at a family picnic, a group of us were talking about the wedding and I think I said something along the lines of not being able to see Natalie because her back was turned to me so I could only see Adam. Someone then added, "Yeah, well, none of us will be able to see her anyway because YOU'RE right in front of us!"
I turned to this person and instead of crying or yelling or coming back with something spicy, (I didn't want this person to feel worse), I said, "Thanks." Then I walked away...
I thought about it and decided that it wouldn't make anything better if I just added to the fire, so I went back to the table, put on a stong face and siad, "I have a good come back for that one... just think, when (or if) I ever get married, at least EVERYONE will be able to see me!"

Sometimes there are moments in ones life where the obvious becomes 100% magnified and this was my moment...

So, to all my blog readers, although there are few of you, I'm going to be strong and start working out to be healthy, to be in shape, to be able tto buy new clothes, and so that it will be just a bit harder for people to see me on my wedding day (if I ever have one...).

1 comment:

Lori said...

Good for you, I have always been impressed by your self confidence. But Im proud of you for starting to work out. You will feel better for it, and maybe your back wont bother you so much (haha.) I still remember when you graduated from high school and were in such good shape. If you need an exercise buddy call Rach, Im taking an exercise vacation.