June 26, 2007

Good deed - take two...

So, I've a bit of time to vent, deal, and heal...
I want to make sure that everyone knows that I was really happy to be able to take those two gentlemen to this wedding. I sure don't think they would have made it there on their own!
I also thought the wedding was out of one of those country weddings magazines...
It was in the country with hills, barns, and cows...
We had valet parking then loaded up in a horse-drawn wagon up this windy hill and over a bridge, up to the old church... it was beautiful!
The bride is a teacher, which played into the wedding a few times... basically, they had all the guests names on little toothpicks then stuck into an apple and placed on the desks in the old Laura-Ingals-style school house and it was so super cute! They also had each table labeled A through Z with red wooden letters, I thought was pretty clever!
They had a band playing and then the favors for everyone was their CD... at first Lori and I thought it was kind of lame, then once we heard the band, we changed our mind! They were really good! Kind of a mix between Ben Harper and Jack Johnson. (It also was probably the one and only good thing about having the table to ourselves... so we could have more than one copy!)
I think the last thing that I really appreciated at the wedding was the fact that instead of presents, they wanted us to donate to the American Cancer Society. Then I found out why... the bride's father is dying of cancer... he was still able to walk her down the isle and dance the father/daughter dance, which of course brought everyone to tears...
It was a beautiful wedding and I'm glad I was able to help Lori take these two men to enjoy this special day...

1 comment:

Lori said...

I have to agree, it was one of the nicest weddings I've been to. And now that some time has passed Im not as mad, but as the saying goes, I can forgive (let it go) but I will never forget (or let it happen again).