June 29, 2007

It's a boy!

My sister, Lori, just recently found out that she's having a baby boy! I thought for sure it would've been a girl because of our family history...
Rachael's first baby: girl
Ryan's first baby: boy
Shannon's first baby: girl
So, it just fits that Lori, being another female in the family, would have a girl too, but then, maybe it's every other one, huh?
Does this mean that if I have a child, then it'll be a girl first and Natalie's first baby would be a boy? I guess we'll find out soon...
Now, what should Lori name her son?
I remember as a kid, Shannon would always talk about baby names... The name (i.e. Saran) and the nickname (i.e. Wrap) or something like that... You remember, Shannon?
I was talking with Jason last night and it seems that naming a child has got to be such a hard decision because that baby will have that name for the rest of its life!
My mom did a pretty darn good job with all us kids (Thanks, Mom) but wow, what a responsibility!
I told Lori that she should name her son, Hor-Hey (George)... I think everyone that knows her last name would get a good kick out of that one (and of course, I'm joking, I mean, come on! Give me a little credit!)
So, to my few readers... what are your suggestions for Lori's baby (and include nicknames!)

7 comments:

Rachael said...

As you probably know already, I always liked the name Anthony/Tony, but Derrick always vetoed it...he thought it too Tony Soprano, "Yo, Tony" or something. Now Todd is suggesting things like Lucio for their baby. If they end up with a little Antonio, I'm going too be so jealous!

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed picking out names for all my children, but I think I used most of the good names, because whenever I make a suggestion, it always gets vetoed. However, considering the nataionality, I think Luke would be a good name for a boy. Tony suggests Guiesppie Buckwilder.

I'll keep on thinking.

Tony also likes Ezekiel Zebbadee

Love,

Mom

Lori said...

what do you think about Leonardo (Leo for short) Lucio??? Or Antonio Lucio?? I know they are very italian sounding, but unfortunately if they dont sound italian they get vito'd by Todd. I also like the name Luke, so if we go with Lucio for the first name we can call him Luke, but havent been able to come up with a good middle name to go with it. Any ideas??

Francie said...

Jason thought that "Lucio Anthony" sounds good... I kind of like that one, too!

Francie said...

But, you know, Lori, I really love the name Luke so if you don't use it, I just might have to! If I have kids, that is...

Shannon said...

So, how soon will it before we really find out Francie? Ha. (I see you clarified in the comment section). What about VICTOR? Just kidding.
I'll keep thinking. I still think its a girl.

Francie said...

Shannon, when God makes a boy, it's really hard to change his mind and make it into a girl...
I'm sure Rachael could fill you it a little bit...
(j/k)