June 23, 2007

The first day of summer...

This last Thursday really was the longest day of the year!
My best friend, Betsy planned for a sunset wedding on the beach and so I got the entire day off to just chill out and have a good day.
Then, the Monday before, Jason's grandpa passed away and the funeral was set for Thursday morning. Wednesday evening we went to the viewing, where I met the entire extended family, then went to the funeral services Thursday morning, followed with the military gun shots and songs while everyone started (if they hadn't already) sniffling and tearing up. It was definitely the moment I just lost it and caught on with everyone else that sunglasses, inside, was okay to wear.
I hadn't been to a funeral, that I can remember, for about 10 years (unless someone else can think of one) and I'm not in the practice of attending them, but felt that I should be there for Jason and his mom.
After it was all over, I turned to the Bride. She was getting a pedicure and needed me to get groceries/snacks for them to take to the hotel that night and prepare that for her, then met up with her and picked out some lingerie. She went to get her hair done, so I met up with Jason and took him to his softball game, where they kicked major bootie 17 to 2! Once the game was over I went home and changed for the wedding and Jason got ready, then we met at Betsy's house to take her to the beach and had to help pack and get everything together, including Elle's stuff (Elle is her daughter), then we booked it to the beach and then had to wait for the pastor to get there! (Hello! It's a sunset wedding, you can't be late to something like that!!)
Either way, it was absolutely beautiful with the blue layered clouds to the south western sky and the red/orangy sunset to the north western sky with Besty and Steve in the middle!
Jason and I finally left the beach around 10 p.m., went to get dinner at Taco Bell (which I'm currently mad at... excuse me, but when I ask for a crunchwrap with no meat and beans instead, I don't mean put beef on it, then attempt to scrap it off and add beans! Gross! I was a very angry person for a bite or two, let me tell you...), then headed to Jason's to watch a movie with more of his family, then I had to leave and crash in bed at around 11:30 p.m. and I was out!
What a day!

*(As of June 23, 2007, I have gone to 3 weddings and a funeral in the time frame of 2 weeks.)

2 comments:

Rachael said...

I'm laughing at the Taco Bell part, because you are so not the person to mess with when it comes to food requests. I'm cutting you a break here, being vegetarian and all, but I'm wondering it you've ever just ordered anything straight off a menu without subbing or changing something. :)

Shannon said...

Taco Bell is loosing its appeal with me. I've gotten "opps" no meat just scrape it off and add beans too (the smell of Taco Bell beef makes me want to gag).
Sounds like you need a day off from your day off... ya know?
Enjoy the weekend.