June 23, 2007

Life without Natalie

What's life like without Natalie?
Cleaner.
Quiet.
Lonely.

I've put most all Natalie's stuff in her room until she can move it all, but the house has been pretty clean (except when I have to rush to random weddings and birthday parties) but the kitty cats miss her and cry for her to spoil them with soft food, which I try to keep up with but they just eat it like it's a candy bar or something!
I've also kept up with the dishes pretty good, now that I don't have an excuse for why they aren't done. But of course, you know, that no ones going to come over and visit me while it's all clean like this...
Such is life.

It's also pretty quiet in the house. I try to make sure both TVs are on and at the same channel and I've even gotten my radio out, just in case. I never here the bathtub water running every night anymore or "I heart Joey" in a high annoying voice in the early-morning (butt-crack of dawn) hours...

And, of course, it's lonely. I have to make all the leftovers are eaten now and now can assume that when I bring something super yummy back from the restaurant and want to eat it for lunch the next day, that it will actually be there the next day for lunch and not mysteriously gone!

2 comments:

Rachael said...

You sound pretty pathetic. If you get really lonely, you can come over and help me clean up my house too.

Shannon said...

I was pretty sad when Natalie moved back to CA after having had her for a year in TN. I still think of her everytime i eat a Nutterbutter cookie and Madeline still calls yogurt "YoGrit" because of her. I feel sad for you. She is definately one of a kind.