September 30, 2008

What's in a name?

My name is Franciska. I go by Francie. Some may call me Fray, Auntie Fray-Fray, France, and other similar names...

I work in a department where I use the phone constantly throughout the entire day. And I get called an array of names.

Since my 2nd or 3rd week, I've been keeping track of these names and love it when I get called a new name!

Here are names I think are the closest to my real name:
Fran
Frany
Francis
Francine
Frankey
Frazy

Here are names that sound a little similar:
Nancy
Tracy
Randy
Brandy
Antsy
Tranzy
Clansey
Zancey
Cassie
Lindsay
Mandy
Sandy
Reesy

And they have gotten even more interesting:
Ramsey
Lacy
Springstie
Rantsey
Debbie
Brandsey
Louisa
Betty
Jose

And the most interesting one, I got yesterday:

MONTEL!

It's interesting to hear new names, but let me tell you... it's not fun being called Brandy and Nancy all the time! I just want to correct them, but that would take too long, so when they say, "Did you say your name is Tracy?" I just say, "Yes!" *

Thanks, Mom, for naming me such a unique, interesting name, even though it is just so much trouble!

*(Sometimes someone will ask me if whatever name they think it is, is my name: "Springstie?" "Is that your name" "Sure!" Then they'll catch me with this... "Will you spell that for me?" So, then I'm in a bind! Do I make up a spelling for Springstie? Or spell my own name???)

3 comments:

Natalie said...

THAT'S FUNNY. YOU DIDN'T MENTION THAT PEOPLE CALL YOU FRANC.

~ V ~ said...

Montel???? Now THAT is funny!

Lori said...

That's a pretty interesting list you've got there. Funny you kept track of it.
I like Rantsey the best.