September 15, 2008

More weekend events!

Natalie showed me how to use her pottery wheel and I made this!
I had so much fun... it did take a few tries, and it is a little thick, but I love it!
We had to pull the heavy thing inside the garage so we wouldn't have to do it in the rain.
Here you can see Sarah making a bowl... it took her many, many, many numerous tries! Ha-ha... I don't think I told her it took me about the same times, myself!

This is one of Sarah's bowls... but I think she messed this one up and had to do another one... either way, it was really fun! Nat's a great teacher too! Then when they are all dry, she'll fire them in the Kiln and then we can paint them! I can't wait!

4 comments:

Rachael said...

I can't wait to try it too!

Natalie said...

Its soo much fun!

Elle J said...

You did a great job! Don't forget to post pictures when it is completed; I can't wait to see what colors you will choose.

Julie said...

You should see my bowl, I guess it's not a bowl, don't exactly know what it is. Vase maybe, yeah a vase. It is the most creative of the evening. Just a little lopsided. It is fun Nat. Thanks for the new experience.