September 24, 2008

Motherhood

I just called "home" to check on things and Kristen answered the phone. "Hey, are you getting your piano playing done, so we can play a game when I get home?" "Yes!" "Good! Oh, and hey, what's on the menu for dinner?" "Some kind of noodle and mushroom thing..." "Oh, yummy! Make sure you save me some! Do you have homework tonight?" "Yessssssss!" (Said in her "You should know this already!" tone.) "Okay, well, get your piano done now and then when I get home I'll help you with your homework!" (Said in my super positive voice!) "Okay!" (Said in her "I know what to do already!" tone.)

Then, I get off the phone and say to my co-workers....

Motherhood!

(Can't wait to get "home"!)

4 comments:

Lori said...

Kristen is such a little smartie pants for such a young girl, I can just hear tone by reading what she said.

Shannon said...

How lucky are you. Isn't it fun?!

Natalie said...

Sounds like KK isn't a fan of being told what to do by her auntie. Good think I'm not there, it would be REALLY hard to get mad at her. Being the favorite auntie and all, I would fear a demotion.

Rachael said...

Well, I shouldn't tell you then that when I talked to Kristen on the phone, after you told me she hadn't practiced her piano, she started out (with sarcasm dripping from her voice), "Do not believe any of the lies Auntie Francie is telling you about me!" Yipes! She was pretty annoyed that she'd already practiced and you were making her do it again. Don't worry though, she gets annoyed with me like that too -- more than I care to admit! I guess that just means you're being a good "mom."