July 9, 2008

Fun at the beach!

Last week I was able to have four days off work. Three of them were spent with "the kids"!
Thursday, Katya had a sleep over, so I took Kristen, Jack, and Ben to the beach. The waves were REALLY huge! I'm sure Adam will be jealous once he sees this picture!
The weather was nice and hot and windy and the waves were perfect for being in the shallow end!

The kids decided to bury Ben and play in the sand a little bit too.
Here's the log that Ben, Katya, and I kept pushing out into the lake. Apparently, it didn't like swimming! We thought we'd try getting it into the water, but it wasn't budging!
After the beach, the kids wanted to go bowling. They all had to wear MY socks because we forgot about getting socks! Poor things...

Jack bowled 93, Kristen 88, and Ben 78. I got my all time high of 146 (I think) and got two strikes in a row at the end! Okay, so there were bumpers, but I still did pretty good!
I let Ben put his shoes on his own feet... I think he's learning!

Doesn't it feel like we should be breaking out in song... "Just grandma (Fray-Fray) and me... I can be what I want to be!"?

5 comments:

Rachael said...

Those waves are impressive! I'm glad I didn't know about them until after the fact. I'd have been a nervous wreck with the kids out there without me!

Tina in CT said...

It looks like the Atlantic. I didn't realize you got such big waves on the Lake.

Lori said...

Yes the mother in me also said a little "that sounds too dangerous" to myself when I saw the waves.

I wish you liked spending time with my kid as much as you do Rach's. But I guess that will come with time. Sigh.

Natalie said...

LOOKS LIKE YOU GUYS HAD LOTS OF FUN. I WISH I GOT MORE DAYS OFF TO DO FUN STUFF.

Shannon said...

...I'll have Ice cream and She'll have tea; Just Grandma and Me.

I loved that book. What ever happened to it?