July 24, 2008

Weekly Update: Thursday, July 24, 2008

So, I've been practicing four songs to sing this Sunday for the Fiddle Fest in town. No. I don't fiddle, but my cousins are all playing for it. Mickey and Andrew play guitar, Emily plays the fiddle, DeAnne plays the accordion and I sing a few songs such as "Now it belongs to you", "Is the door standing open for me?" and an Irish song called "Red is the Rose" I get to sing with the "band" and a bagpipe too! I also get to sing harmony with Uncle DeMonte for the song "San Antonio Rose.


I'm a little nervous about it because I'm not very familiar with the songs, but they are pretty catchy! So, if any of you want to come for the Concert... it's on Sunday around 12:30 p.m.

I also got to hang out with the kids when they got back last Sunday. We made cookies.

I think they got a little overly excited about the sprinkles...

Here's one example...
Now the cookies (i.e. overly covered with colorful candy).
One of the finished cookies. They actually had a great crunchy cover.

A very non-eventful-yet-eventful week, I guess. And now, I've gotta go so I can get ready to go to Natalie's house with Rachael and Lori for the American Idol Concert tonight!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It could challenge the ideas of the people who visit your blog.

Natalie said...

no offense kids, but those are some ugly cookies. Thats cool that youare going to sing at that fiddle concert. hope its fun!

CATHY said...

I wish you could record your singing and email me a copy, would love to hear it.
Good Luck, I know you will do a great job.
I have to agree with Natalie that the cookies look a little "displeasing to the eye" but they have my mouth watering.

Tina in CT said...

The cookies are not making my mouth water. Did any of the adults eat them?

Isn't it a long drive to Natalie's from the west coast? Are you all off work tomorrow?

Have a great time on Sunday afternoon with the fiddlers.

Tina in CT said...

Good luck tomorrow.