July 28, 2008

The Fiddle Fest

Yesterday I was able to be a part of the Fiddle Fest with my cousins. There was a lot of country, Irish, and folk songs. It was pretty fun, too!
Emily played a song "Mockingbird" with a bunch of different types of playing the fiddle and the best part... she yodelled! It was pretty amazing! I kinda wanted to make her laugh because she kept looking at me, but thought I better not.
Mickey played the guitar, Andrew played the guitar and the violin, and DeAnne played the accordion. There was even a bagpiper and a drummer!
Aunt Kate and Uncle DeMonte were just loving every minute of it! I think Aunt Kate was the loudest person there, cheering for us all! It was pretty fun!

6 comments:

Rachael said...

You forgot to mention if you/they won anything...just curious!

Tina in CT said...

Ditto what Rachel wrote.

How are yur aunt and uncle related to you and your sisters?

Looks like you had a fun afternoon.

Rachael said...

Tina: Aunt Kate is my mom's mom (Grandma Annie)'s little sister. So Aunt Kate's daughter, DeAnn is my mom's 1st cousin. And, DeAnn and I are partners in the same medical practice, by the way.

Lori said...

I actually think it would have been fun to watch, especially Emily, I'm sure she's glad you didn't make her laugh. You might not get invited back next year had you done that.

Cecelia said...

If you do this again next year, let me know ahead of time, because I'd like to come for it. I think it would be something I would love!! Did you win anything? Did Mickey play his bagpipes?

CATHY said...

Looks and sounds like a lot of fun.
Beleive it or not, I use to play the accordian. Also, played the piano. I am so out of practice. One of these days I will get back in the groove........