July 11, 2008

So far, so good

9 p.m.
I'm currently babysitting Anthony right now, and so far, it's been REALLY good! I picked him up from his grandma Janice's house and brought him home, tried to put him in bed and he cried... oh, know, I thought, not again! So, I picked him up and let him cry in my arms... then he was quiet! After only a couple of minutes! I mean, literally two minutes! I held him for just a few more minutes, just to make sure, and then I laid him in his bed. I saw the scrunched up look on his face and thought, oh, please, no! So I reached my hand down and rubbed his belly and he went right to sleep! I was up there for only about 5 minutes total!
This is great!
Okay, so it's only been about 20 minutes or so, but knock on wood!

I stole this picture from Lori's computer, I cannot take the credit for something so adorable or the picture... But I just had to add a picture of Anthony!

9:45 p.m.

Anyways, it's been about an hour now and he's still asleep! I'm going to check on him, just to make sure he's not pretending to be asleep and really playing with all his toys! Ha-ha!

10 p.m.

Okay, so he's still asleep. But seriously, Lori, who lets their baby's bedroom door squeak! Come on! He didn't wake up, but it sure scared me!

10: 41 p.m.

Never mind... he's been up for about 30 minutes now... but Lori is here now and doing what mom's do to make their kids happy!

This is a difficult job! I don't know how you do it, Lori!

3 comments:

CATHY said...

Francie I think you are the best Auntie in the world.
He is such a cute little guy. What fun to get to hold him.
Corey was like that tho, he could be sound asleep in my arms and as soon as I laid him down, he woke up or maybe slept for a half an hour. Anyway, glad that is all behind me now.
I think your going to be a great mom too!

Teen : } said...

Hey there Auntie Francie, you are a cool auntie. How fun to have them so close to you. I love all of your nature pictures. I don't have a good camera any more. Looks like you have an excellent one. Love the two birds. Looks like you sat them there and had them pose for you. lol Glad you found my blog finally.
Well sweetie, love and miss ya. Happy day, Love Teen

CATHY said...

Francie, I am going to add the link for you blog on mine, I hope this is okay.
Come to Cali for a visit and stay with me. I will take you all over SF and you can get lots of pics.