July 26, 2008

A day with the girls

Last Thursday, we had a very eventful day... Rachael bought us girls tickets to the American Idol Concert so we headed to Natalie's to hang out with her for the day! After painting pottery, we headed to the lake...
Kristen and Natalie were the brave ones to ride the island-like raft on the lake while Rachael drove the boat. We had a great time until Natalie, on the raft, told us that we should probably head back to the pier soon because the boat didn't have much gas! We took a look and found we had been driving on "E" the whole time! It was funny because then when Natalie got back in the boat, she was trying to explain that we weren't as low as she thought because it was only past the "E" a little bit and that she's seen worse... or something like that.
We then got ready and headed to the American Idol Concert!
Rachael, Kristen, Lori, and I watched this season of American Idol, but Natalie didn't watch any of it, so we were just a little worried that she wouldn't like it... but Lori and I would start telling her everything we could remember about the top ten.
I didn't really get any good pictures of them while they were singing... but I did record some of the songs on my camera! I have to say that this was the best of the three American Idol Concerts that I've been to. The first one was really good with Carrie Underwood and Bo Bice, the second one was Taylor Hicks and it was just awful! We then skipped a year and braved it this year and was not disappointed! They all chose great songs to sing and they were very entertaining! Afterwards we dropped Natalie and Kristen off at Nat's house then Lori, Rachael, and I headed home. Let me just say that 4.5 hours of sleep is a big difference from my usual 8 to 9 hours, but it was definitely worth it to spend the whole day with my sisters!

4 comments:

Natalie said...

I was surprised that I liked it so much! I thought the most fun I would have was just getting to hang out with my sisters, which is great since I have no friends in my town,(eccept my sis-in-law) and I never get to see them; But I even had fun watching the show. And I got to take half of that day off of work and go to my favorite restaurant that Adam refuses to go to. We were pretty low on gas.

Tina in CT said...

It's so nice that you sisters live close enough to get together a lot.

You need to meet some people in your neighborhood or town. What about neighbors, friends from church, a health club, a sports activity?

Rachael said...

It was a lot of fun for me too. Glad you enjoyed it! I was thinking I should post about this, but just haven't been inspired. Glad you beat me to it, now I don't have to!

Lori said...

I was worried too about the gas, I can't believe we started out on E and she didn't bother to tell us so we could watch the guage. Oh well we arrived back to the dock so it's all good.
I can't wait to see my pottery mug I painted.
I agree the AI concert was pretty fun, but it was a long drive home, 2am is way past my bedtime.