March 1, 2008

We went to a ball!

This last week, I had the joy of getting all dressed up and got to go to a ball!
Growing up in private schools, I never went to a prom and never went to a ball, so this was really exciting! I even got off work early, so I could get ready and one of my friends let me borrow her dress and I bought a shawl and curled my hair, although you can't really tell because it went straight pretty fast.
Here I am with my friend, Lindsey. And this is Betsy and me. She's wearing her wedding dress from her summer beach wedding.
This was a ball to celebrate black history month hosted by the Whirlpool Corporation. They even had an amazing Jazz band from Chicago there and served a delicious pasta with roasted red peppers, onions, artichokes, capers, olives, and a few other random things, that I never thought would taste good together, but they did!
We had so much fun there. Jason was going to go, but had been having major neck pain, so he wasn't able to go, but we still had a great time!

4 comments:

Tina in CT said...

You and your girlfriend looks quite stunning - beautiful dresses and I love the black and white theme. Nice that you were able to go to the ball and had a good time (and dinner).

I love your new blog heading.

Francie said...

Thanks, Tina! We had so much fun there.
Oh, and Rachael did the heading for me today (and spent a lot of time on it, too!). I didn't do anything. She did such a nice job, I love it!
Thanks, Rach!

Rachael said...

So was the food YUMMY? :)

Didn't you ever go to "banquets" at boarding school?

Lori said...

I've never been to a ball either. I like to get dressed up though so that would probably be the best part about a ball for me.