February 27, 2008

May I take your order?

As many of you know, I order what I want. Similar to the Meg Ryan of "When Harry Met Sally" I guess.

I also don't hesitate much when it comes to sending something back with meat in it. (OK, there has been a few times that I haven't sent something back, usually if my sister's give me a hard time about it...)

Either way, Jason has been witness to many of my experiences when I get a burrito with beef inside and have to either send it back or call and complain.

I sometimes get embarrassed when it happens all the time that I get meat in my food and have to send it back, but I'm not going to just eat it! Or pay for it either.

But just last night, Jason and I went to our fave Mexican food restaurant and he got his usual Nachos Carbon and I got my usual burritos. It just made me feel better, when for the first time, he actually had to send something back! He ordered his without the shrimp and without the salsa on top, and they brought it back with shrimp!

Yup! He sent it back and made them remake it.

While I may rub a little of my ordering off on him, at least we're both getting what we want to eat!

9 comments:

Cecelia said...

I'd send mine back if it wasn't right.

Rachael said...

Oh, don't get me started on you and the ordering. An endless source of entertainment, for sure! :)

Tina in CT said...

I'd also send it back if it wasn't right.

Lori said...

Yesterday we ate lunch at an italian cafe, and I think they forgot about us because it took so long to get our food. Then after waiting about 20 minutes our waiter came back and asked us what we ordered again. (meatball sandwich and a slice of cheese pizza)after another 15 minutes Todds sandwich arrived, and then 5 more minutes later my slice of pizza arrived but it wasn't cheese pizza like I ordered, it was white pizza (no sauce) with basil, mushrooms, and tomatoe and fresh mozzerella. It looked good enough and I wasn't about to wait any longer so I didn't say anything and just ate it.
When our waiter brought us our check he said we could have a complimentary dessert for having to wait so long. So we split a piece of Key Lime Pie, YUMMY!!!!

Anonymous said...

Well after reading your blog for the first time in a few weeks I have some catching up to do. I told you working in Muskegon would be no good. Too bad you had to expierence that week to figure it out. Happy Be-lated Birthday Cecelia. Hope you had a wonderful birthday. Oh Yeah! Fantasy baseball season baby. Good luck ever keeping me too busy for sports :) And in closing Shrimp are nasty, but in my defense i said if they had left the steak on i would have worked around the shrimp. I hate sending food back but sometimes it must be done. Hope you had a good day at work Francie.

Jason

Francie said...

And get this, just last night we went to bob evans and I had to send this pasta back twice (because there was STILL sausage in it!) then the third time, it looked okay, but after a few bites, I found a few small pieces of sausage still in it!
I was so upset!!!

Natalie said...

I guess we get it from mom... Adam can thank you. i have no problem sending my food back..especially because I'm paying good money, but it embarasses Adam so much!

Rachael said...

What happened to your header Francie? I think it's time for us to do a blog design makeover. Shame to go to so much work though when you HARDLY EVER POST!!! (or comment for that matter!)

But...if you're bored this weekend, come over and I'll help you. KK is feeling better so I don't think you'd be in danger of getting sick.

Lori said...

Ha-Ha Rachael, I feel the same way about Francie not blogging or commenting. I considered protesting by not commenting anymore, but sometimes I just have a hard time keeping my mouth shut.
And Francie, I wasn't going to stop reading, just commenting!