March 5, 2008

Workin' out!

On Monday, I said, "why not?" and joined the Y!

I'm pretty sore, but I started good. About an hour of working out. Walking, biking, weights, etc. Rachael and the kids showed up, so I got to do a bit of stuff with her and Kristen while the kids were in kid-care.

Shocking to myself, I also went after work on Tuesday! I said, "why not?" and I went!
This time I walked and did weights, but I also tried five minutes on the stair stepper thing and that was so hard! A lady had told me to just start out at three, but I wanted to prove (either to myself or everyone else) that I could do five! BAD IDEA!
I am REALLY sore now!

Shannon said that I should do that c2k (or whatever it is) that Rachael and Lori are doing and make Lori pay for my Y membership, but I'm not so sure I can run!
I know I'm a power walker and can jog, but not very long and I think I'd get bored, or maybe I just think I'd take too long or wouldn't be able to finish...
How long is it anyway?

Either way, I'm doing this for MYSELF! If someone wants to give me tips or helpful hints, you can, but as I told Shannon last night, I've got to make the decisions and while I'll keep them in mind, I'm not going to go all crazy and try everything that everyone just knows will work.

So, wish me luck!

Oh, and I also bought a Self magazine last night and found that my "happy weight" is 144!
I just can't imagine being that weight, but I guess I'll attempt to make that my long-term goal (seeing as I can't possibly get there in the next few months, unless I was on biggest loser!)

4 comments:

~ V ~ said...

Good for you! I've been a member of our itty-bitty gym for about 2 years. I always walked and jogged on the treadmill, cycled, weights, and some swimming (not all on the same day!). A few months ago I showed up a bit later than usual and all 5 of the treadmills were in use. On a whim I decided to try out the stair stepper. Oh my! I couldn't believe what a great workout that was. I've been doing that ever since instead of the treadmill. This morning when I showed up, all 3 of the stair steppers were being used. So, I tried out the elliptical machine. That was pretty good too, but not as good as the stair stepper. I'll have to get there earlier tomorrow morning!

Rachael said...

So explain to me again how you doing C25K equals Lori paying your gym membership???

You should give running a try though. The program is really easy (to start with). Let me know if you want the link.

Lori said...

How do you find your happy weight?

Good for you, I think your more likely to succeed if your doing it for yourself and not for any other reason.

Here is my tips, drink lots of water and portion control. p.s. Diet Coke is an appetite stimulant.

Cecelia said...

I'm happy for you. You'll have to keep me posted on how you are doing. I like going to the gym, but there isn't one close to where we live, so I just work-out at home. Remember when we lived in Texas and we would go and work-out together? That was fun!! I wish one of you girls lived closer so you could go with me and "make me do it".