March 8, 2008

42 calorie soup!

On my way here to Natalie's I talked to mom on the phone for about an hour. And once I got to Nat's I was able to write down a recipe for a super yummy* soup that only has 42 calories per serving!
Once I find the random envelope that I wrote the recipe on, I'll share it with all my readers because it is filling, fast to make, and so good! Natalie and I ate some before going out to do stuff and a few hours later went to eat dinner and we were so full, we had to take over half our food home as left-overs!
People, this soup is awesome!
Here's the recipe for the soup:
Saute 2/3 cup sliced carrots
with 1/2 cup diced onion
and 2 minced garlic cloves.

Then add these ingredients and bring to a boil, then simmer for 15 minutes:
3 cups fat free vegetable broth
1 1/2 cups diced green cabbage
1/2 cup green beans (about one can)
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon salt

Finally, stir in 1/2 cup diced zucchini.

Take a look!

*I say this for my sisters Rachael and Lori! You'll get it.

7 comments:

Natalie said...

It's so good! If it doesn't look good to you, try it anyways because it's amazingly good. Im on my second bowl at 10:30 at night and I don't feel an ounce of guilt.

Tina in CT said...

I'll try it but add some chicken sausage slices.

Rachael said...

Are you doing the cabbage soup diet? Maybe I should do that too...

I'll let you know if it's really super yummy or not.

P.S. Did you write that recipe down while driving???! And, I didn't know you went to Nat's this weekend.

Rachael said...

OK, I printed out the recipe. I'm going to make some today.

Shannon said...

OOohh, I remember that diet. I wnet on that with Rachael and Carissa when we lived in California. I was so HUNGRY for substance that I ate 4 bagels one right after another and I was still hungry. It worked for them though. How come I got so hungry?

Cecelia said...

That recipe isn't a cabbage soup diet, it's just a good vegetable soup recipe that doesn't have many calories!

junglemama said...

This looks yummy! Perfect cold weather soup!