March 25, 2008

A new start

After much consideration, prayer, and great advice from my family and friends, I have put in my two-week notice at work. My last day will by April 4th and I'll start fresh at Whirlpool in the the accounts payable department on April 7th!
I have been some-what stressed about the whole situation because my car was acting up and then I got this offer on Friday and they wanted an answer on Monday. Because I get my apartment for free, I also wasn't sure how the boss would take my notice and just have me leave that day, but he actually gave me two extra weeks past my last day at work to move out!
I'm in the process of finding a place to live and I may have something, but I'm not sure quite yet...

Oh, and on other great terms, I lost another three pounds this week!
That makes 9 total pounds!
Yeah!!!

10 comments:

Tina in CT said...

Wow! You'll be a busy lady with finding a new apt. and moving. You do have a large family around you to help though. Good luck with your new job and apt. move.

Loved meeting your mom last night!

Shannon said...

How come you have to move? Can't you just pay rent?

That is very exciting that you are moving on. I didn't even know you had considered it.

Call me sometime and tell me all about it.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on getting in at Whirlpool! I hope you enjoy it, I know several of the people in that dept and all are great! anything I can do to help you, please let me know! Look me up on sametime when you start at Whirlpool, I'll be back to work on April 7th.

Rachael said...

I've already congratulated you on the job.

But GOOD JOB on the 9#!!

You're doing so well, you even turned down the Culvers F.O.D. Wish I could say the same.

Cecelia said...

Congratulations to you two times. Can't you just pay rent and stay until you find something else? I think you made a good decision. Three pounds? That's great!

Tina in CT said...

Congrats on how well you are doing on your exercise/weight loss program.

Tina in CT said...

How is the apartment search going?

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Wireless, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://wireless-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

CATHY said...

Wowee Francie...a new job. How exciting. Whoever gets you to work for them is going to be one lucky dude.
Three pounds...dang...I wish I could lose that much...I gain that much in a weekend.
Keep up the good work. Remember, nothing tastes as good as thin feels. I need to take my own advice.

Unknown said...

Hey Francie! I just wanted to drop you a line to wish you luck at Whirlpool (and in finding an apartment as nice as Lakecrest). Somehow, I figured I would speak to you before you finished up. Any way... Great blog... Congrats on losing weight. Drop me an email sometime if you have a funny joke or something you want to share. All my best - Norb