March 19, 2008

I've got strep throat, now

I got strep throat yesterday or the night before. Boo-hoo!
I don't know how I got it, but I did and it sucks. My glands are so swollen that you can see the huge bumps on the sides of my throat and it hurts to swallow.
I guess I'm kind of like Rachael, when she got her wisdom teeth pulled, when I hope that it helps me lose weight!
I only had a shake and not even a whole bowl of soup yesterday because I felt so bad. I took half the day off and stayed in bed shivering with tons of clothes and blankets on with the heat in my apartment up to 75 or so.
Now, it really hurts to swallow anything! Hot and cold liquids and food especially.
I'm also up here at the other property our company owns, you remember the one where I had "the worst week ever"!
I have to help the office up here get organized and understand everything from A to Z, so currently, I'm in a hotel and yes, they have a workout room, and I've already used it.
I look forward to going home tomorrow and going back to the Y, although I hope I feel better, too!
Either way, if I don't hang out with any of you for a few days, you'll know why.
Oh, and Lori, don't forget to save me that low-fat lasagna you made! I'm already craving that as soon as I get back!

4 comments:

Cecelia said...

Hope you feel better soon. It's not fun being sick.

Tina in CT said...

Sick and not home. Horrible. I hope your doctor (sister) put you on antibiotics before she left for Chicago. Get well soon.

Lori said...

Good for you working out while your sick. Now that's dedication.

Hope you feel better before easter, were going to have some good food, Bonnie's coming over and Rachael already hit her up to make some food.

Natalie said...

Isn't that the worst feeling to be cold and not able to warm up? I hate that so much. Glad your better.