February 12, 2008

The worst work week ever - Wednesday

The weather was really bad so I woke up early (5:45 a.m.) and headed off to work to make sure I'd be there on time. It was slow with traffic and other early birds, but I got in around 7:30 and had a head start on a few things.
Madam P's day off, so I had to work with Madam B.
Today is the day rent is considered late so I was working on adding in all the checks in the computer system. Madam B was late into work and I had no idea how to check the messages, so I don't know if she called in or not, but the resident who lives down the hall came in and told me that Madam F was going to be late. She didn't call in to the office, but to a resident. Oh, and by the way, she didn't show up all day, either!
When Madam B came into the office, she handed me a pile of checks and I got them entered right away. Once all the checks are entered, I notify the corporate office and they charge late fees. So, while I was waiting for the late fees to be charged, I printed off the notices for those under $100 for Madam B to deliver.
"you don't expect me to go out in this kind of weather!"
"Yes. They need to be delivered today."
So, Madam B delivered the office building and then got in her car and delivered three forms to another building, taking over an hour.

Finally, the late charges were posted, so we were able to deliver the remainder of the notices, but Madam B didn't want to. I was so annoyed! So, trying to help out... I divided up the notices into two and told her that I'd go and deliver half if she could deliver the other half.

I then gave her a heads-up that I would be leaving early, because I got there at 7:30, didn't take a lunch break, and wanted to get a head start on the drive home because it was snowing about two inches per hour or more. She told then informed me, "if you're leaving early, I'm leaving early, too. I have to drive in just the same weather as you do!" Yeah, but I have to drive 1.5 hours and in traffic and you live less than 10 minutes away! So, I told her that I'd have to discuss that with the manager.

After the notices were delivered, and as I was on my way out, Madam B, all innocent like, asked me if I had checked the check box in the front of the building for the checks! No! I don't know where all these check boxes are and I figured she checked them when she comes in because that's what the leasing agents are SUPPOSED to do!

I was not happy!

Almost a two hour drive to Wendy's with many cars on the side of the road.

Two more days to go...

No comments: